Academic Title: Doctor of Sociology, Academician, French National Center for Scientific Research (Paris, France).Director of the research program, Laboratory of Social Anthropology.
Education and Degrees
Dissertation “The Tuareg communities: nomadism, identity, rebellion” (1995).
– Research in nomadic cultures of the Sahara – Sahel area in Africa.
– Comparative analysis of nomadic cultures in North Africa and Central Africa.
– Political anthropology of nomadism in pre- and post-Soviet period.
- The atlas of pastures in the basin of Lake Chad. Montpellier: CIRAD-EMVT, 1996. pp. 147–158.
- Nomadic horizons in Sahel Africa. Society, development, democracy. Paris, 1999, pp. 9-51
- Sahara: geostrategic space and political aims // Autrepart. № 16. 2000. pp. 21–48.
- Nomadismandsedentism // UniversalEncyclopedia, 2005.