Doctor of Philology, Head of the Department of Periodicals, St. Petersburg State University
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences, Philology: St. Petersburg State University (2001)
Candidate of Sciences, Philology (1981)
Diploma: Zhdanov Leningrad State University, Faculty of Journalism (1976)
Academic Title: Professor
- Semiotics and hermeneutics of journalism;
- Historiosophical aspects of the media text;
- Social and political journalism in the system of modern polycode systems;
- Typology of mass media.
Awards and Medals
- “For Military Valour”
- “In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg”
- Medal of the Union of Journalists of Russia “For merits before the professional community”
- Honorary worker of higher education of the Russian Federation.
- The winner of the All-Russian I. F. Annensky’s award of the Russian Writers’ Union, the Literary Criticism nomination (2016).
Academic Councils and Research Supervision
The expert of Council for philology and art criticism, Higher Attestation Commission, Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (since 2014).
Member of Dissertation Council D 212.232.17 “Higher School of Journalism and Mass Communications”, St. Petersburg State University;
Member of Dissertation Council D 212.263.05, Faculty of Journalism, Tver State University