Academic Title: Professor, Leading researcher, Institute of Philosophy and Law, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences, Philosophy: Lomonosov Moscow State University (1993)
Candidate of Sciences, Philosophy: Tomsk State University, 1989
Diploma: Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Psychology (1983)
– Historical macrosociology
– Philosophy of history
– Philosophy and methodology of social and historical sciences
– Theory of values
– Comparative politics
– Political sociology
– Philosophy of education
Member of the Dissertation Councils D 003.057.01 (Ontology and theory of cognition; History of Philosophy) and D 003.057.02 (Philosophy of science and engineering; Social Philosophy)
Supervision of seven postgraduate dissertations
- Project manager, Grant 06-03—00346а from the Russian State Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) “Cycles, waves and crises in history of Russia: philosophical-methodological analysis and theoretical synthesis of modern concepts” (2006 – 2008)
- Member of the research project 13 06 00789, RFBR, “Development of integration methods and techniques of fundamental social and humanitarian research”
Main Presentations in English
- July 2008 Meanings of History as Permanent Self-Tests of Groups and Societies: Philosophy and Social Sciences Versus Ideology — The XXII World Congress of Philosophy 2008, Seoul
- May 2008 20 Years After Perestroika: The Required Shifts In Understanding of Macrosocial Dynamics in The Post-Soviet Space – The 39th World Sociology Congress, Yerevan State University
- November 2007, The Social Mechanism of Russian Cycles – Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Chicago.
- November 2001 Can Social Sciences Become Rapid Discovery Science. The Method of Theoretical History. Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Chicago.
- November 2000 Towards Synthesis of Macrohistorical Paradigms, Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Pittsburg/
- November 1999 An Evolutionary Periodization of World History and Bridging Macrosociological Paradigms. University of Pennsylvania – School of Arts and Sciences, Sociology Department, Colloquium.
- November 1998 The Method of Theoretical History, Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Chicago.
- October 1997 Towards the Integrative Structure of Macrohistorical Dynamics, Annual Meeting of Social Science History Association, Washington DC;
- June 1995 Social-Historical TimeSpace: Reconstruction of Concepts and Bridging Paradigms, Fernand Braudel Center, SUNY Binghamton.
- June 1995. Civilizations, Societies, World-Systems, and Historical Epochs: Towards Integrative Structure odf Social Thought. The 24-th Annual Meeting of International Society for Comparative Studies of Civilizations (ISCSC), Write State University, Dayton, Ohio/
- May 1995. Problems and Prospects of Integration of Social Thought, Colloquium of Philosophy Dept. City College, New-York City/
- May 1995 New Approaches in Theoretical History, Philosophy Dept. and session of editorial board of the journal History and Theory: Studies in the Philosophy of History, Wesleyan University, CT.
- June 1990 Constructive Axiology and the Future of Education, International Symposium “The Philosophy of Education for the 21st Century,” Prague.
- Struktura civilizacii i tendencii mirovogo razvitiya: monografiya. Novosibirsk, 1992.
- Kul’tura, cennosti i razvitie obrazovaniya: ucheb.posobie. M., 1992.
- Filosofiya gumanitarnogo obrazovaniya: Cennostnye osnovaniya i koncepciya bazovogo gumanitarnogo obrazovaniya v vysshej shkole: monografiya. M., 1993.
- Cennosti v problemnom mire: filosofskie osnovaniya i social’nye prilozheniya konstruktivnoj aksiologii: monografiya. Novosibirsk, NGU, 1998.
- Filosofiya i teoriya istorii. Kniga 1. Prolegomeny. M., Logos, 2002.
- Istoricheskaya makrosociologiya: metodologiya i metody: uchebnik. Novosibirsk, NGU, 2009.
- Koleya i pereval: makrosociologicheskie osnovaniya strategij Rossii v XXI veke. M.: ROSSPEHN, 2011, 735 s.
Personal site: http://www.nsu.ru/filf/rozov/