Ideological and conceptual field of the journal:
The dominant subject matter of the journal is connected with key meanings, values and artifacts of culture. There is a growing interest to the problem of meaning which is still little-studied in modern science. This interest is caused by special feature of the meaning nature, which is acting as a limit basis of social being and having various forms of manifestation. In particular, the problem of meaning is found in questions of existential plan, place and role of the person in the modern world, culture and society, transformation of identity and evolution of sociocultural means of person’s consciousness, crisis of culture and its value foundations. Within the framework of actual cultural and semantic approach, any phenomenon of culture and society is considered as a cultural text possessing an appropriate value and coding cultural meanings.
This ideological outline of the journal’s content becomes the basis for understanding of a wide range of sociocultural problems within philosophy, philology and history.
Priority aims of the editorial policy:
▲ Popularization of science, increase of scientific and theoretical research potential in urgent humanitarian topics.
▲ Research knowledge exchange between Russian and foreign scientists in the sphere of humanitarian knowledge. Involvement of new researchers into science.
▲ Creating favourable atmosphere and effective conditions for publication of significant results of basic and applied scientific research, organization of fruitful interaction between scientists and practitioners.
▲ Enhancement of research activity prestige, strengthening the links between science and education.
▲Promotion of creative relations development between Transbaikal State University and other higher education institutions, research institutions from Russia and foreign countries.
Strategic objectives of the editorial policy:
● Improvement of international representation of the journal to meet the requirements of the international standards and global citation indexes.
● Positioning of a positive journal’s brand. Increase of external appeal and visualization of the edition for authors and readers.
● Expansion of steady distribution channels.
Target audience of the journal:
Gumanitarnyi Vektor (Humanitarian Vector) is addressed to the wide scientific community, university lecturers, graduate students, students, culture representatives and educators and those interested in information on urgent problems of axiology of culture.
Description of the journal content:
The Editorial Board strictly keeps to the serial publication of the journals according to the declared area of research: philological sciences, historical sciences and archeology, philosophical sciences.
Editing and architectonics of the series are oriented towards transparent, comprehensive and complex analysis of the topical problems of modern science accessible to the target audience. The priority genres of the journal are research articles, scientific reports and reviews.
The subject heading list has ideological and conceptual basis and reflects information strategy of the journal, preferred directions of scientific research. The main journal headings initiate the discussion on the issues of theory and practice of a certain branch of scientific knowledge. The heading “Point of view” is written in the genre of scientific commentary which enables to present a famous researcher’s view on varied problems of modern science. The last part of the journal “People. Events. Time” is devoted to biographies of famous scientists and presents summaries of the work of scientific conferences. The heading “Book review” contains reviews of new scientific literature.
Basic principles of the editorial policy:
● Organization of qualitative institute of profile peer review of materials, active involvement of external reviewers, involvement of famous foreign and Russian researchers into the editorial board, observance of double-blind peer review principles.
● Expansion of geographic scope of urgent researches, creation of the journal’s positive image and prestige involving foreign and Russian authors with a high h-index into the content of publications.
● Consolidation of international, transnational and internal interests by establishing the comprehensive scientific relations between Russian and foreign authors.
● Maintenance of publication ethics based on the international standards: position statement developed at the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity, Singapore, July 22-24, 2010; international standards established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE); regulations of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation on copyright; Declaration of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers of Russia “Ethical Principles of Scientific Publications” (2016 edition).
● Preclusion of business needs from intellectual and ethical standards of the editorial process.
We would welcome new publishing opportunities for the scientific community.