||Factors of Modernization of Higher Education in Chinese Society in the Period Before the Xinhai Revolution
||Zhukov A.V. Doctor of Philosophy, Professor, firstname.lastname@example.orgXu Ying .. Teacher, email@example.com
||Zhukov A. V., Xu Ying. Factors of Modernization of Higher Education in Chinese Society in the Period Before the Xinhai Revolution // Humanitarian Vector. 2022. Vol. 17, No. 2. PP. 113–121. DOI: 10.21209/1996- 7853-2022-17-2-113-121.
||MENTAL AND SOCIOCULTURAL SPACE OF THE REGION
||The article is devoted to an attempt to comprehend the prerequisites of the initial stage of modernization
of higher education in China, the leading of which is the historical and cultural foundations of this process. The
analysis of the features of the modernization of the Chinese higher education system is carried out on the basis
of Chinese sources representing the characteristics of the modernization of higher education in the period before
the Xinhai Revolution. The subject is the prerequisites of the early stage of modernization of Chinese higher
education. The scientific novelty of the article is associated with the development of factors for the modernization
of higher education in China. The methodology of the undertaken research is based on: meaningful, functional,
historical and evolutionary approach developed in the works of Chinese authors. The result of the study is the
position that Chinese education is a set of specific models rooted in the traditional historical background of China.
However, the factors of the formation of the higher education system in China were influenced by Western countries, which got the opportunity to participate politically, economically, scientifically and spiritually in the life of
the country in the second half of the XIXth century. As the authors show, under the conditions of modernization of
the education system in China, higher education opened the era of going beyond tradition and became the basis
of the system of production of qualified personnel aimed at the development of a society focused on Western
patterns of culture and production.
||higher education, modernization, education system in China, Qing Dynasty, Xinhai Revolution,
education reform in China, factors of modernization of higher education
||1. Czin’ Czintao. Modernization of education and comprehensive human development. Harbin: Heiluntsyan
university, 2012. (In Chin.)
2. He Fushen, Li Huejcin’. Research on the Development of Education Modernization in the Western Regions.
Kun’min: Yun’nan’skoe obrazovatel’noe izdatel’stvo, 2002. (In Chin.)
3. Chu Hunci. The path of modernization of education. Pekin: Obrazovatel’naya nauchnaya pressa, 2000.
4. Daj Benbo. History of foreign education. Chast’ 2. Pekin: Narodnoe obrazovatel’noe izdatel’stvo, 1990.
5. Lyu Hajfen, Shi Czinhuan’. History of higher education. Pekin: Pressa o vysshem obrazovanii, 2010. (In
6. Lyu Chzhiyun’. Reflections on the modernization of higher education in my country. Higher education in
China, no. 5, pp. 34–35, 2010. (In Chin.)
7. In’ Da, Syuj Fen. Modernization of higher education: main connotation, characteristics of time and ways
of implementation. Shanghai higher education, no. 11, pp. 19–23, 2015. (In Chin.)
8. Van Czinsyu. Building and reflecting the modernization of China’s higher education. Pekin: Izdatel’stvo
ob intellektual’noy sobstvennosti. 2017. (In Chin.)
9. Syun Minan’. History of Chinese higher education. Chuncin: Izdatel’stvo Chuncina, 1983. (In Chin.)
10. Chzhan Hujmin. Studies in the history of Chinese and foreign higher education. Hunan’: Izdatel’stvo
Hunan’skogo universiteta, 1998. (In Chin.)
11. Pan’ Maoyuan’, Van Vejlyan’. Higher education. Fuchzhou-Fuczyan’: Obrazovatel’naya Pressa, 2007.
12. Huan Futao. History of foreign higher education. Shanghai: Shanhayskaya obrazovatel’naya pressa,
2008. (In Chin.)
13. Yan Tyan’. Study of the Modernization of the Higher Education Management System in the Framework
of the Theory of Synergy. Shandong education, no. 13, p. 3, 2021. (In Chin.)
14. Mao Hujsyan, U Yue. Analysis of the way of building the modernization of higher education in my
country. Journal of Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Educational Science Edition), no. 1,
pp. 82–84, 2017. (In Chin.)
15. Suj Ifan’. Rational thinking about the modernization of higher education. Chinese higher education,
no. 10, pp. 1–10, 2014. (In Chin.)
16. Mao Zhun. Fundamentals of Modernization of Higher Education in China. Kun’min: Yun’nan’skoe
obrazovatel’noe izdatel’stvo, 2015. (In Chin.)
17. Chzhan Anfu. The Trend of Ten Modernizations: Main Characteristics of Higher Education Modernization
in My Country. National Journal of Education Management, no. 12, pp. 22–23, 2010. (In Chin.)
18. Chzhan Incyan. Features of building the modernization of higher education. Harbin‒ Heiluntsyan:
Obrazovatel’naya pressa, 2000. (In Chin.)
|Full article||Factors of Modernization of Higher Education in Chinese Society in the Period Before the Xinhai Revolution|